Bored again, still | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Bored again, still

smritte

OMG.
its still raining. Doesn't mother nature understand that it's not suppose to rain here. This is total BS. I haven't done much work on my projects for three weeks. I even took an extra week of vacation to finish my projects and it rained. HARD.

If I wanted to live in a place that actually had weather I would never live in so calif and I would own a shop. I pay high tax's to not have weather. If I want weather I drive to visit it.
Its NOT. SUPPOSE. TO. BE. HERE.

Sigh

Ha ha ha, well on the bright side, your water tables have gone up and based on what I'm reading, rain is done for a while now.

There is that. I have a trip week after next and wanted to get some repairs done. Well more mods than repairs, still I only have next weekend to do them.

Ha ha ha, well on the bright side, your water tables have gone up and based on what I'm reading, rain is done for a while now.

The problem is all that rain in a short period of time and the soil has soaked up what it could. Now so many mud slides

Its a bit tricky to predict. A while ago I read something on how it works. You need a good amount of rain followed by a moderate temperature change right after.. Right now the deserts are about 40 degrees, if it jumps to the 70's it will bloom. I have seen it once in the winter but its more common in the spring.

I've seen photos from a few years ago, orange mountains from the flowers. Most beautiful thing I've seen.

Well as I understand there is more rain coming as well. So hopefully the state doesn't slide off into the ocean.

If it does, I'm close enough to the desert I could escape. It also means I could end up with beach front property.