After Thanksgiving Run. Mojave Road. 11/25-26 | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

After Thanksgiving Run. Mojave Road. 11/25-26

smritte

Throwing this out here in case anyone is in my area and may be interested.

Doing my annual Mojave Road run. We normally stage outside of Laughlin at a camp spot about 5 miles off the road Friday night. Its not uncommon for someone to come in late Friday night and grab a hotel then meet up Saturday morning. I will be getting to camp sometime late Friday afternoon.

The route will exit in Baker mid Sunday. Were not running the last half due to a time crunch but anyone who wants to, I can supply all the stopping and camping points. I normally stay 3-5 days but I need to be back to work on Monday (sigh).
The entire route can be run with a stock vehicle and almost all the first half in 2wd.

If anyone is interested let me know.

yep. nov 24-26
Ill be visiting family in Vegas and heading out Friday mid day. I normally arrive in Laughlin Friday late afternoon.

I just realized, we cant exit baker, that adds an extra night. Last year most exited after Hole in the Wall. Going to look at the route some. Might need to alter the route a bit.
What screws me up is, I have to cover someone at work and couldn't get more time off. I'm normally out there into the next week relaxing.

The area is above the I40 between the Colorado river and I15.

The route has a bunch of touristy spots to stop at. Hole in the Wall is one of those. Its also one of the ways you can turn off the Mojave road and hit the I40 to go home.
If I do the whole Mojave road properly, it takes about 4 days and I think 120 miles. Most of the cool things to see are in the first half.
"If" for some reason someone needs to leave early, there's three spots you can head off and hit the freeway.

yep. nov 24-26
Ill be visiting family in Vegas and heading out Friday mid day. I normally arrive in Laughlin Friday late afternoon.
Yeah big old no go for me for that time. How often are you heading out?

This trip I do once maybe twice a year.
Last weekend I had to get someone else to take over this trip. My aunt's are coming down from the east coast and that will cut off Saturday for me. I've been taking people on this trip for over a decade. This is the first I've missed.