Who has a Redarc and/or an Spod mounted under hood. | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Who has a Redarc and/or an Spod mounted under hood.

smritte

Just a question of mounting location.
I have been roped into helping someone with these systems and it seems there's a difference on what people do and what these manufactures are telling me.
There's no good or bad, just how long if you mounted either in your engine compartment.

Hey bud, I have Redarc Manager 30 w/ Redvision mounted in my Turtleback. Main brain is mounted in the nose of the trailer and RedVision is mounted in side box. Install took a bit when this was installed as instructions at the time weren't the best. Mapping was semi PITA.

Hey, how you been? Did you go to the Overland event up north? Most of my friends went up and are spending two weeks sight seeing. I had to stay and do work related stuff. Later, I may take some time and head up to Monache for a week.

I have two requests from friends on installs. I never paid any attention to redarc and a little to Spod until now. Ive seen builds where both were mounted in the engine compartment. According to both manufactures, neither are weatherproof and should not be placed there. Both initially wanted the units there.
My question was based on curiosity. I was looking to see if anyone who did that had issues. Across the few forums I posted, no one has said they've done that.

The Spod is going on the roof of a 4Runner. The owner doesn't want to drill holes in the roof to control five sets of lights. Spod can be controlled via blue tooth. I only need to run one wire but will need to put it in a waterproof enclosure.

There was one in Arizona (south west) and one in Washington (north west).
One was above me and the other below. My friends are returning from the north one and the south one was a couple of months ago.

Hey, how you been? Did you go to the Overland event up north? Most of my friends went up and are spending two weeks sight seeing. I had to stay and do work related stuff. Later, I may take some time and head up to Monache for a week.

I have two requests from friends on installs. I never paid any attention to redarc and a little to Spod until now. Ive seen builds where both were mounted in the engine compartment. According to both manufactures, neither are weatherproof and should not be placed there. Both initially wanted the units there.
My question was based on curiosity. I was looking to see if anyone who did that had issues. Across the few forums I posted, no one has said they've done that.

The Spod is going on the roof of a 4Runner. The owner doesn't want to drill holes in the roof to control five sets of lights. Spod can be controlled via blue tooth. I only need to run one wire but will need to put it in a waterproof enclosure.
Brother I'm doing good and you? No I didn't I was out in AZ filming. We did have one of our photographers up there. Oh man, Monache sounds fun. Have you been up there yet this summer?

Regarding RedArc... I seem to recall seeing a 4Runner with it installed on a window delete they made for driver side cargo area that looked pretty cool. I had only found it a year ago or so when I was looking for some how to videos on programming RedVision.

Haven't been to Monache this season yet. There's a few trips up that way I have on my list for the summer. Most of my plans got pushed aside due to work. I somehow ended up in charge of the Toyota program. Its a bit of a mess and that's eating up my camping time. There was a small event a few months ago in Joshua tree, spent 3 days out there and that's been it. Looking to go to Big Bear for a few days at the end of the month.