Webasto diesel heater vs others? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Webasto diesel heater vs others?

Gobig4x4

I've seen a few of you talking about diesel heaters from a general standpoint. Not mentioning brands. How are the Webasto diesel heaters? I don't want cheap, I want something that will do what I need it to do reliably. If these aren't good or you are using something different let me know please.

Thank you

Art

They are a decent heater. You should reach out to the people behind this site, they have reviewed a number of heaters and might give you some valuable insight.

I've had my Vevor heater for a bit over a year. A couple of my buddies have had theirs longer. Webasto is one of the industry standards. I couldn't justify spending over $1000 for a heater when I read reports from people who have used the Chinese ones for years.

The down side to the Chinese heaters is the controller. Very few have actually had the thermostat work on the Chinese heaters. I hope the Webasto controller works correctly but I don't want to risk the cost just to find out it doesn't. Mine isn't difficult to deal with and not having it work correctly is easy to deal with.

BTW, have you looked at the Propex heaters?

Thank you both. I have just sent a message to this site. Waiting on answer now. Yeah seeing that my wife heads out with me, I don't want to mess with a guessing game on the controller. Thank you for sharing though. :)

Be careful on how big you buy. I have a small trailer and a 5kw. Its way too much. RTT would be better for mine.

Webasto parts are hard to obtain in the U.S., but if you're willing to order from overseas, it's easy to find parts and the Webasto company support is great. I don't know about parts for the Chinese heaters for comparison, but I suspect parts availability for any Diesel heater is going to be tricky (but not impossible) in the U.S. Other than that, Webasto has a great reputation.