We need to embrace the KISS principle. Keep It Simple Stupid. Things in the industry are getting out of hand lately. | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

We need to embrace the KISS principle. Keep It Simple Stupid. Things in the industry are getting out of hand lately.

Dirtycruiser

Who else on here agrees that overlanding had somewhat become a fashion show? Who has the best looking rig with the most mods blah blah blah. Instagram is also to blame as it keeps on blasting us with trucks that are way more modyfied than they need to!

In all honesty, for a proper remote expedition. I am talking crossing Africa level of expedition here. All you really need is a winch, a simple 2 inch lift with stiffer springs, tires and some storage space.

For sleeping a basic tent, a gas stove for cooking and maybe a fridge. That's it.

So why do people who drive 2 hours to a trail full of people need a million different accessories on their truck? Well that's the trend right now.

Therefore, you shall be different. Embrace the KISS and enjoy overlanding the old fashion way.

I love this one! Never came across the KISS but I would definitely agree with it. It seems like everyone is in a completion of who has the most gear.

The essence of overlanding is to get out have fun, meet new people and see new places!

So save you money for fuel and trips!