Thin battery I saw at Overland West - Need help with name please | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Thin battery I saw at Overland West - Need help with name please

Roy Wilson

I saw a thin 12V battery at Overland West expo and I can't seem to find the business card and can't remember the name of it. Would you happen to know who I'm talking about? It was roughly 1.5" thick, 10" tall and 20" long.

Thank you!

You just pointed out the downside to lithium's.
"If" the battery has a built in heater or at least the BMS shuts it down when its cold, their ok. Some guys are wrapping their lithium packs in motor home grey water tank heaters. Most are good to 30 degrees though without anything.

You just pointed out the downside to lithium's.
"If" the battery has a built in heater or at least the BMS shuts it down when its cold, their ok. Some guys are wrapping their lithium packs in motor home grey water tank heaters. Most are good to 30 degrees though without anything.
You talking about those pads that stick to the side of the tanks?

Yes and no. They have a thermostat built in. I believe they turn on at 40 degrees and off at 60. When their on they draw a few amps.
I use one on the propane tank for my fire pit but I have the thermostat bypassed. When I was researching them is where I saw a bunch of people using them for their lithium's. As far a I know, I the only one who uses it on a propane tank.

When its cold out (40 ish) the bottle starts to freeze using my big fire pit. As it cools down the pressure drops. It gets to the point where the fire wont even stay lit. I spent quite a while playing with diffrent set ups and found actual propane heaters for people who use it in cold weather (RV's, houses). I've also seen this issue with other propane fire pits used when its cold.

The problem still happens with my small one but not as fast. I wrap the blanket and plug it in before it gets cold. If I put it on after it freezes, the blanket doesn't put out enough heat to bring the temp back up but does a good job maintaining if I start soon enough.

You talking about KickAss?

LOL love the name! So I wonder who is making these batteries for this company. This could be a nice space saver, well assuming the batteries are legit. Do you know anyone who has used these?