Solid human waste disposal | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Solid human waste disposal

SpaceRat

Hey all, good morning. What are you doing about solid human waste disposal in those camping spots where you need to bring out what you bring in? Whats the best way that also contains the smell too?

There seems to be two schools of thought. Legal wise, I'm led to believe if you have a liquid chemical toilet it has to be dumped to sewer. Example would be a black water dump station of your home toilet.
Then there's the dry toilets. This is what I use. The stuff you are suppose to put in is like kitty litter and id allowed to be put in the trash. The other option on the dry toilet is to literally use kitty litter. I don't know the legality around that.

Smell wise. My toilet is literally a 5 gal bucket with a seat. I put a plastic trash bag in and add the dry chemical (sort of like kitty litter). I put about a 2" layer then add a bit on top each time it gets used. When I have to travel, I loosely tie the bag. The absorbent masks the smell and removes liquid. The seat has a lid that keeps it all in place.

We have Double Dooty bags and like above carry kitty litter for smell and taking care of the waste. Works well.

We have this style 41dNoC3PUuL._AC_US100_.jpgand we just dump it into a pit toilet in one of the campgrounds that we pass on the way back to a main road. Just make sure that there are no signs prohibiting dumping in them first. It has a nozzle so it can be dumped into an RV dump station as well, if needed. In a worst case scenario, it can be dumped into our toilet at home.