Quick connect for LavaBox? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Quick connect for LavaBox?

Pado

Morning peeps. I ordered and just received my Lavabox but thought this would have had a quick connect for the propane? Seems a bit of a PITA to take this on and off each time of use. Have any of you tried rigging up a quick connect for yours? Can you share the parts list please?

Thank you!

I don't have a Lava Box but there's two types of quick connect I use on Propane.
The one I've used the most over the years is an air chuck

Then there's these. Quick connect
Their a bit bigger then an air chuck. I use them on my latest trailer . I've switched to this design mostly for the manual valve. It wont let you disconnect unless the valve is shut. You can get one with an auto valve and no manual valve.

I have used these before (Quick connects) because the normal extension hoses screw on easily and their small. I don't know if I would use this one for a fire pit but for other things I have had good success.

Most everything is a 1/4 pipe thread. Before you dig in check your fitting and don't use thread tape, use the liquid/paste sealant on the threads. I think the stuff i use has PTFE? or something like that.
The two top links have very good flow and the last one has fair flow.

Last edited:
I'm seeing this message from my iPhone driving right now, didn't want to leave you hanging. Will check out later this evening or tomorrow morning. Thank you!!