Pro Eagle jacks worth the $$ over Hi Lift jack? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Pro Eagle jacks worth the $$ over Hi Lift jack?

Offroad Bound

Let me start by saying I have a Hi Lift Jack and needed it this past weekend and found just how much of a PITA it was to use. I need to get something different in my truck. My Google search pulled up a jack called "Pro Eagle". Have any of you heard of this brand?

They have offroad jacks on wheels, however priced upwards of $500 to $600. So these are a bit more than other options. But I like the big wheels. Please share anything you know about these things. Thank you.

Most of my desert race buddies use something like that. If I remember, none have wheels (they all have a skid underneath) and their all aluminum. . Its easier to secure that way and slides under the vehicle easily.
If it was something I used almost every time I went out, I could possibly justify carrying something that big. There's nothing that I need to do, that my hydraulic bottle jack wont do. I have a custom mount to set on top to cradle the axle and a plate to set it on for soft ground.

I agree about the hi lifts. I have needed to raise the vehicle body off of rocks a couple of times and the hi lift was my only way. I no longer have one and haven't missed it. it is also one of the most dangerous tools I have owned. I have seen more people come close to being injured with those things than most would believe. I'm not against Hi Lifts at all, I just think some people shouldn't own them.

Yeah, that is such the truth. I've not needed this before and when I did, what a nightmare to use! Good to know, thank you for your input!