Overlandish Base Camp vs Shiftpod III vs Russian Bear UP5 | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Overlandish Base Camp vs Shiftpod III vs Russian Bear UP5

DRAX

I've been waiting over 8 months for ShiftPod III to be in stock. Tired of waiting. I saw this channels review on Russian Bear Up5 tent. Was getting ready to pull trigger on that, and just stumbled on Overlandish Base Camp. Have you heard of this company or tent? I want something that is all season and stores away small (ish). All three of these are close to the same size. The only two that look in stock are the Russian Bear and Base Camp. So which would you go with and why?

I've seen the videos on the Russian tent, and have actually seen the Shiftpod tent before (they had booth at Overland West Expo), but never heard of the Overland'ish Base Camp. First look, I thought it was the same tent as Shiftpod. Or at least they look kind of the same. But I don't think they are. Are they in stock?

Interesting, set up is key. Unless I'm missing something the stored away size for the Overlandish seems to be the smallest here.

Hey thanks for the tip. I've been waiting on ShiftPod to get their inventory, but that has taken far too long.

Actually I would go with the Overland ish tent. I don't like the color of the Russian tent. Love the tent, saw a video this channel put out on one, was going to buy, but saw they only come in camo. Ended up not being for me. Shiftpod, well aside from they are never in stock, the white will get so dirty so fast with me. Leaving this Overlandish tent the pick I would go with.

Yes, but the Russian Bear tents are something Stacy you will need some ummmmf to push up. A friend of ours has one, and it's build quality is remarkable. But setup requires a bit of muscle.

I just spent the last 30 minutes or so researching all of these. From where I stand, the Overlandish seems to be the best option with the Russian tent. I like Shiftpod, but after seeing lead time and a number of discussions, waiting for one of these is pretty extended. Russian tent only downside is lack of color options. Overlandish seems to be a strong option. Just not a lot out there on the company. I see they make a rooftop tent that looks like a nicely built tent. I bookmarked this page and will look into again.

I think like with any tent, if the snow starts to build up, just hit the top of the roof to knock the snow off. That said, I would say with the dome style of these tents would allow for snow to roll off on it's own.

But then if you have it heated on the inside, that should melt any snow off.

You reminded me that I tried buying a Shiftpod 4 months ago, and they didn't have inventory. Still showing the same stuff:

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 7.07.02 AM.png

Don't they know when they are getting stock? I mean did you try calling them and getting an idea of when things would be delivered?

So I have been looking into this Overlandish brand and Russian Bear. The Overlandish doesn't have as many reviews (guessing a newer company) than Russian Bear. Both companies seem to have inventory. The downside to the Russian Bear as I see it, is that you only have one color option: camo. I'm still researching, so will add more in a bit and technically on the fence between these two now.