Overlanding or camping in another country? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Overlanding or camping in another country?

KingKhan

My wife just surprised me with heading to Europe to travel around and living out of a vehicle there for a 3 week trip. She found some vans you can rent that are decked out and ready to go. Just never been to Europe like this before. She wants to go to Sweden, Finland and Norway. I'm just wondering have any of you done this and what that experience looked like? Any problems that occured?

My neighbor has, they have rented a fully equipped van (don't know the company) for 7 years straight. Well with the exception of 2020 Covid year. They travel all through Europe mainland. I want to say they are heading to Norway or Iceland this year for something different. I do remember the van was diesel and 3 years ago, they had issues with the heater in the van, however the company they rented it from replaced the van for them.

We had spoken about that last year, then Covid messed with our plans. Seeing this thread reminds me to circle back around to this. It would be fun and a great experience. Only change is that we originally spoke about heading to UK. But honestly I would rather go elsewhere this time. Would be fun to do this in Greenland, but there isn't many roads there, right?

I was just telling a friend last week, if I could do it all again and wasn't married with a family, I would do just exactly that!