Need tent recommendations for a family of 3 | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Need tent recommendations for a family of 3

Pam H

I'm a single mother and parent of 2 kids who now want to get into camping. My boys are 6 and 9 years old. I need a tent that is easy for woman to put up and ideally doesn't require a PHD in tent design to put up and take down. LOL

I'm not even sure what to look for and would greatly appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you!

Pam

Hey Pam, there are tons of options you can go with. Can you share what sort of budget you would like to stay under?

Hey Pam, there are tons of options you can go with. Can you share what sort of budget you would like to stay under?

I'm not even sure what is the price range of a good tent? I want something that will last the abuse of at least 4-5 years? What can I get for $500 or less? Is that a good starting point?

Thank you again!

One more question, I'm seeing some of these instant popup tents. Would any of you know how much effort it takes to open these?

Love the shiftpod, but unless I'm looking in wrong place, these are sold out. Now I did find on eBay used, would you buy a used tent?