Low consumption water tank heater | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Low consumption water tank heater

RVthere

When you leave your van parked for longer periods of time in below freezing, how are you keeping your tanks from freezing? Is there a low power consumption heater of some sort that works with temp sensor that you set?

Have you considered those heating pads that stick to the side of your water tank? You plumb the electrical into a manual switch of some sort, but my father in law uses these in all his RV's and he has a Mercedes Sprinter that he installed these on as well. Actually the Mercedes I helped install, which was very easy. You simply stick the pads onto the tank, run one line to 12V ground and the hot through a switch. Didn't take long to set up at all.

Have you considered those heating pads that stick to the side of your water tank? You plumb the electrical into a manual switch of some sort, but my father in law uses these in all his RV's and he has a Mercedes Sprinter that he installed these on as well. Actually the Mercedes I helped install, which was very easy. You simply stick the pads onto the tank, run one line to 12V ground and the hot through a switch. Didn't take long to set up at all.

Their tank water heater pads.. Most of them have a built in thermal switch, self stick and come in diffrent sizes. I use one to keep the lithium battery in my trailer from being too cold. That would probably work well for him.

Great suggestion.