Lolo Diesel Heater kit | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Lolo Diesel Heater kit

That looks like mine but, mine is a smaller case. I have my fuel tank external.
They use the Vevor 5kw heater. Depending on how big your sleeping area is, it may be too much. It has the same crappy controller I have also. If you went to harbor freight and got their case as well as the heater, you could build something as good for less.

Or you could get one of these heaters already self contained but not in a cool case.

I've had mine about a year. The issues with the china heaters are pretty much related to the controllers. The controllers work but depending on who made what part, some of the features wont work.
The feature on mine that I wished would work is the thermostat. I have to turn it off and on manually.
With that said, it seems the most popular model is the Vevor.

Interesting, so this Lolo one works around the controller problem by offering their own. It's a good looking heater, but is it supposed to be ran laying down vs standing up like most?

The picture shows the old design controller that my Vevor has. Lolo just takes a heater and puts it in a box. There's several companies out there making the same thing.

The heater design is a copy of the expensive german heater. When you look at the china ones, they look like one company makes all of them. The internal control module and the thermostat controller appear to be all diffrent. This is where the incompatibilities come in.
There's a guy in Australia that builds a nice controller (afterburner). He has pictures of almost all of the internal computers and remotes. Look at the compatibility page and you get an idea how many computer designs there are.

I learned all this while researching why all the features of my controller don't work. In my group, we have several of these heaters and a couple of diffrent controllers. The heaters all look the same but the controller functions depend on who made the unit. A few of the companies have a remote on/off that is literally an aftermarket car alarm key fob with the lock/unlock buttons. On my controller alone, there's several U-Tube videos on how to use the functions, their all diffrent.

The one thing all the china heaters have in common is they work as long as your ok with the fact you may have to manually control the fan speed and manually turn it on and off. Your suppose to be able to set the thermostat, a clock, an on/off timer and a fuel pump control. None of these work on mine but some of the features work on my friends units.

The choices are buying a $1600 Espar heater or a china copy @ $130.

Then you have the units people put in hard cases and sell. They just buy one on amazon and stick it in a hard case.
Colorado 4X4
Lolo
XVenture

Last edited:
That German heater sounds like the way to go if you want to spend the bucks. That's going to be the easier out of the box way to go. Honest, I give you all respect for exploring those Chinese heaters. My buddy has one of those cheapo heaters and that thing never works and the controls are horrible. I'll pass and leave that for the more adventurous peeps.

I've never seen a Planer diesel heater. At $1800 I hope their inline with the two Germán ones. Looks like they come in a nice box. Heater
If you look at the heater design, it looks like the common type.

Auxiliary-heating-portable-park-heating-device-rooftoptent-tent-boat-rv-hut-Parking-heater-mobile-diesel.JPG

Here you find a small market overview about available and portable heating kit`s too for diesel:

At the overland bound communities they did use them and did give a happy review.

trippin