Keeping gear secure in Jeep with doors off?! | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Keeping gear secure in Jeep with doors off?!

DRAX

Well I was testing out some tube doors for my Jeep today, which I think are fun, but the drivers door needs adjusting as it doesn't close and stay latched easily. Anyway, I went into a hunting store and came out to find my glove box open and stuff tossed on the floor board.

Lucky for me, nothing valuable was stolen.

What options are there for securing gear in Jeeps? The glove box is pretty much a joke, so now what?

There's an assortment of locking boxes you can get. I was always paranoid with my Jeeps. My TJ had a metal center console/armrest and two in the back, sides. My CJ's had about the same.

If you don't use your rear seats, there are those seat delete things that have lock boxes built into them. Or you can get something for the very back that includes a lock box. Look at Goose Gear.

This website just had article from last month on a company called Dog Cargo (or something like that) that looked like competitor to Goose Gear, so something to look into as well.

This website just had article from last month on a company called Dog Cargo (or something like that) that looked like competitor to Goose Gear, so something to look into as well.
Just looked this up, that looks like the best as you get 3 locking boxes and it's easier to put in and take out.