How much have you spent on overlanding? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How much have you spent on overlanding?

1LoudJT

We just bought a 2021 Jeep Gladiator used two weeks ago and next step was to get gear to start our journey into overlanding. With the Jeep purchase out of the way, we thought getting the gear to outfit the truck would be trivial. But holy smokes, this stuff quickly adds up and adds up big! How in the world do you all afford this stuff?

Yeah, it adds up very quickly. Honestly have no clue on total cost. Best just to gradually build your rig/kit up.

Seriously, if you have been overlanding for any period of time, the best you could expect is a guess. This stuff ads up so quick, and frankly I wouldn't even know where to start with my estimate now that I'm talking about it. Alot. There, does that help?

LOL seriously though, build brick by brick and what is comfortable for your budget.

I'm not telling. My luck my wife will stumble onto my post and then I'm going to hear it. :ROFLMAO: Honestly though, I have no clue. I will tell you, once you have made the investment on some good gear, that should be a life long payoff for you.