How are you washing clothes while out camping? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How are you washing clothes while out camping?

Other than the occasional socks or underwear, I don't wash anything in the field.

Can't say I have ever done laundry while out camping. So no for me. But if I did, I would use a 5 gallon bucket and just wash by hand and hang dry.

(laugh) yeah, we go full on stank as well. Toss dirty clothes in a bag and hope like heck we have enough for the trip.

Hi, I've had a trawl through the camping equipment section and can't find anything. We are off soon on a tour around Scotland and I'll be taking my bike and will be using up some cycling kit. So I need to see some ideas for washing on the trails. I seem to remember people using big containers and putting them on the roof racks. Can I see some ideas and some hints and tips, please? Thanks in advance. washing clothes when camping

I've washed clothes in steams before with eco friendly soap. When we don't have access to mother nature provided means, I have only washed small items like underwear and socks in small portable sink with the same eco friendly soap. In each case, I hang dry my clothes inside my tent during the day if I'm in public campground. If remote, I let it all hang out in the wild! ha ha ha

Pretty much the same, just small items incase of emergency. But for the most part, I just bring enough clothes with me. Now IF I were to be out for extended time, I would just wash at laundry machine in town when I went in to get groceries.