Espar diesel heater doesn't seem to be getting fuel | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Espar diesel heater doesn't seem to be getting fuel

B Walker

So, after playing detective with my Espar heater and finding out it wasn't getting any fuel, I decided to bite the bullet and get a new fuel pump. Threw that bad boy in along with an inline filter, thinking maybe the old pump was choking on some gunk. But here we are, still no fuel making its way to the heater. And it's looking like that filter is just sitting there, not getting any action. Now I'm wondering, does this Espar pump even have the muscle to push fuel through the filter? Or is it possible that the Dorman fitting on the side is sneakily letting air in and messing with the flow? Or, maybe, just maybe, the inlet pipe in the tank is blocked up? And yeah, before you ask, I did check – the tank's topped up. Hit me with your thoughts, folks. Much appreciated!

I would check that filter first. Remove the fuel line from the heater, place in a bottle and turn the system on and see if it's spitting any fuel. If it is, start going backwards and finding out where the fuel is stuck.

+1 filter and any chance did you test out the new pump you got before you installed that?