Electric vs gas chain saw?? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Electric vs gas chain saw??

RiverRat

I have a gas powered chain saw that would come in handy to carry with me while over landing adventures, but it's big, leaks fluids and I have to carry around gas and oils and it's just a mess. So, I'm about ready to purchase an electric chainsaw. As I see it, I can charge this thing with my inverter. But what's a good and reliable electric chain saw to get?? Is it safe to assume, what you can do with gas saw, you can do with an electric one?

Those electric chainsaws can be charged quickly with Jackery (or similar). But you will still need bar oil.

The electric ones are really catching up now. Plus you do not need to carry extra fuel, and they aren't messy when in the car. I think I would go for the electric ones

I'm happy with my gas chain saw. If you take care of it, and clean it after use, there isn't any mess. Plus you can get a case for it. Just saying.

Those electric ones are good but too expensive right now. I will stick to my gas one until it dies!

Seriously? OK that looks like something urban mom and dad would by to trim their rose bushes. I can't imagine that saw would be something of great value on the road. Seems more novelty to me.