Do you plan on selling your gas power truck and jump on EV? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Do you plan on selling your gas power truck and jump on EV?

Bryan Dulaney

More and more EV trucks are hitting the market. At what point will you sell your gas powered rig and jump on an EV?

I "may" consider it once battery technology evolves more. As of now, nothing on the market and nothing projected for the market will work for anything I do.

Not anytime soon. But once they have the range figured out, and perhaps some charging stations at trailheads AND some means to charge these things more effectively via solar, then yes.

So true, so much needs to happen in order to make EV's overland friendly. Can you imagine the recovery cost to simply charge your rig hours deep into the woods? Yikes, that will get out of control fast.

So you drag a trailer with a diesel generator and 100 gals of fuel. Park it far from camp and charge it while you sleep.
Wait....does that make it a hybrid then?

+1 not till there are charging stations at trail heads
This ^ In the meantime, I'd be absolutely open to a gas/hybrid tow-vehicle/off-roader. That'd be cool. Have a little more torque and save on gas in the process. As long as it can tow 5500+ lbs, I'm game.

I "may" consider it once battery technology evolves more. As of now, nothing on the market and nothing projected for the market will work for anything I do.

+1 Yep, 100% with you. Need to see some larger advancements in range and charging abilities.

Certainly an echo here, there needs to be charging stations at the trailheads, and means to charge the truck while at camp in order for me to make the 100% switch over.