Camping bathroom to keep wife happy? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Camping bathroom to keep wife happy?

BillyBob

I've gotten my wife sold on getting a camper. Now I want something Offroad, the only problem is most Offroad trailers don't have washroom/bathroom with hard walls.

That said, my wife has made it very clear that I need to figure out the bathroom situation for her to be able to do her business while camping. What's the most wifey friendly bathroom solution?

Mine is an older version of this
Shower Tent
When I shopped for one, I had watched other peoples shower tents have all kinds of issues once the wind kicked up. I wanted one with heavy poles. Mine has withstood some pretty fierce winds without issue.

If you want a new level of frustration get this type.
Shower tent.

Unless you know the trick, you will never get it folded correctly. watching people with these has been a source of amusment for me over the years. lets not forget that it folds over in the slightest breeze (while your inside it).

I use something like this one
Water Heater
On demand hot water. For the shower I normally keep it on low, high is too much heat(great for dishes). I have a water pump and tank in my trailer. The heater mounts to a stud on the rear of the trailer (someone makes a stand for these to set it on the ground), plug it into the water line, plug in propane and run the shower head into the tent. The shower head line on mine is about 8 foot. The link i posted, they look shorter. It also seems they have diffrent GPM ratings. You need to match your pump to the heater. My heater is around 1.5 gpm with a 3 gpm pump.

Some people use an external pump and pull water from a water can.

Get a good privacy tent, one that doesn't create a silhouette of whoever is in there at night, and get a good cassette toilet with water tank to flush.

Get a good privacy tent, one that doesn't create a silhouette of whoever is in there at night, and get a good cassette toilet with water tank to flush.

My wife is smell sensitive, so I agree with you, however make sure you get very good odor blockers to offset the smell. Just 2 cents from me, which is what made my wife 'tolerable' to bathroom conditions.

LOL, yeah never found a solution that worked with mine. But everyone is different. If she is good with the outside shower, get a rubber floor or something you can lay down below shower, that will keep feet clean from debris bouncing up from water hitting ground.