Bucket toilet recommendations & disposal | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Bucket toilet recommendations & disposal

1. Seeking the Ideal Low-Cost Solution for a Bucket Toilet's Solid Waste: Suggestions?I'm on the hunt for an economical yet effective material to manage solid waste in a bucket toilet. My goal is to find something that efficiently masks odors. Would regular kitty litter do the trick, or is clumping kitty litter better?
  2. Managing Solid Waste During Extended Stays in Secluded Areas: Best Practices?What's the wisest course of action for handling solid waste when camping in remote locations for several days? Should I bury it on-site, or is it better to hold onto it until I reach a town for proper disposal? There's quite a bit of debate around the legal and sanitary implications of dumpster disposal. Given that I'm looking at a 5-8-day trips and my vehicle's space is limited, transporting it the whole way might not be feasible.

Thank you for the help. Love the site!

i use regular kitty litter but, I use a trash bag inside it and loosely tie it closed when not in use. I just got a new toilet and it uses shredded hemp bedding. I havent used it yet but when I do I'll review it.