Better suspension option: Teraflex vs EVO Manufacturing? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Better suspension option: Teraflex vs EVO Manufacturing?

Owen Hart

As you can see in my other post, I'm looking to get a 4" lift added to my JL. Most of the people I see on the trails has something from Teraflex, so that seemed like the safe path to go. What about https://www.extremeterrain.com/evo-...e-3-lift-kit-king-25-shocks-evo-3013s3ka.html which is made by EVO Manufacturing? How does this brand compare to Teraflex? This particular kit has more of the suspension than the Teraflex kit I just posted about, but I'm OK with that.

Please let me know what you think about Teraflex vs EVO Manufacturing in general. Thank you

Terraflex has been a good name over the years. No idea about EVO.

The arms look good but you cant tell by pictures. When it comes to spring quality, Neither of those companies make their own springs. The quality is based on who actually made them. If you call them, they will tell you they make them but, they don't. Odds are the same company makes springs for both companies.

The King shocks are nice but most likely way over kill and you need to understand how to properly adjust them or it wont preform correctly.

Over all both kits are most likely good and you will enjoy either. The EVO kit will require more thought, learning and measuring. It will defiantly need the alignment checked because the front arms need to be adjusted for caster.
Looking closer, it almost looks like EVO is using the terraflex kit with their name. This is very common and not an issue.

Best is subjective. I personally dont like them but many do. They are in the top 10 shocks.

Yeah.
Suspension is the first to be modified. My motor and trans is normally the only thing I leave moderately stock. I don't drive as hard as I use to but I still drive harder then most. Because of this, I'm very OCD about suspension and suspension tuning.

In my opinion, you get the most benefit from good suspension and no factory suspension works properly for me. I commonly build my own trailing arms, mix and match my springs and tune my shocks.
The two vehicles I own now are the first I bought suspension for rather than build it in probably 25 years. I have helped most of my friends install their prebuilt stuff as well as seen most of the kits out there. I can tell you, the suspension you listed is in the better group of what's out there.