Best Diesel or Gas Heater that is efficient and safe to run in tent? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Best Diesel or Gas Heater that is efficient and safe to run in tent?

Sarah Castro

I know it's getting towards spring, but we just had a horribly cold camping experience so going to look for heating options. We are open to either gas or diesel. As I understand running either of these prevent moisture accumulation inside the tent like burning propane.

Can you help us out with recommendations please?

Most of my group uses the Vevor diesel heater.

Getting moisture in a tent has less to do with the type of heater and more to do with how heat and condensation work. Being able to vent the moisture out the top of the tent is the best way.

Another factor is how big is your tent and what is the material. Two camps ago, it was about 15 degrees. One of the guys got this large dome tant. About 7 foot at the center. he has a pretty big diesel heater. All his heat went up and out the top (as well as all the moisture). They didn't freeze but my sleeping area was high 60's all night where he needed a ton of blankets.
The point here is, he needed to either keep the heat in or use a much larger heater.