Awning that doesn't require use of legs? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Awning that doesn't require use of legs?

Time Keeper

Is there an awning out there that doesn't require the need of legs to be used? Please share. I want something that can deploy quick and just have strong enough arms to hang on it's own without having to mess with legs.

*And ideally have walls to deploy as well.

Most of your "Bat Wing" designs don't require legs as long as there's no wind. Most of my friends have them. I have a standard ARB awning. Their awnings are already set up in half the time it takes me.

I have a Rhino Bat Wing and I've had to order new knuckles twice because they break so easily! Will check out ARB awning, thank you.

In case you misunderstood, my ARB is a standard awning, requiring legs.
Cost wise, I believe the ARB covers the bases. There are more expensive ones out there but to me the life span is going to be the same.

As for your broken parts, I've heard that from a few people. It seems only the ridiculously expensive ones hold up to free standing. My opinion is mostly based on the people I go out with and a little based on what I read. Very few times have I seen any of them freestanding.

I also have the ARB "room" for the one on my cruiser. It works well but if its windy, its noisy. I'm building custom walls for the ARB on my trailer.

I don’t care how strong an awning is marketed, you always want to use legs and have that tied down. A good gust of wind will take hold and mess things up.

I've learned my lesson years ago, ALWAYS use the legs of your awning and screw it into the ground fast before wind gets ahold of it

Every awning should use legs, wind can be a B*1ch and sneak up on you when you least expect. Legs along with tie downs will keep that secure and wind from taking it.