Any so California people here? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Any so California people here?

Carbon Dude

I don't supposed you know of a way to get up to Big Bear right now? I'm seeing all roads are closed. We have a cabin up there and supposed to be up there tomorrow till next Sunday. Apparently they got something like 2 feet of snow during last 24 hours.

Thanks for the help

I normally go up one of the back roads. Right now I doubt anything I have will make it to fawnskin. If its below freezing, there’s too much black ice on the road past forest falls. Once the main road is clear, your battling ski traffic up the front. 18 from the desert is normally the last to open.
Hope it stops long enough for them to clear the roads.

True and the skiers or many of them don't link about the dangers and go anyway, causing more problems.

So the question is, did all this rain and snow solve the drought problem in California? Been watching this for time and will be interesting to see where things are at now.

Doubt we'll make a dent. The sierra snow level and Colorado river levels are the issue. Due to the flood plane here, most of our water is designed to flow to the ocean.

I've been watching this guys channel, he just drives around in Big Bear all the time and posts the footage

Exciting to see what this weather had done for the drought ridden state. Hopefully they next handful of weeks weather will further close that gap. Well then we need to hope the state figures out how to keep some of that water.

More of the weather moving in during the next couple weeks as well. Mother nature isn't done yet.

I was reading yesterday they are opening up the underwater aqueducts to replenish the water tables. Serious flooding is happening all over. Hopefully the silver lining to all of this is that California is out of the drought.

And more snow! Mountains just extended their snow season to the end of July! Crazy to be able to ski in July in California!!