5 Creative campfire recipes that kids love | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

5 Creative campfire recipes that kids love

Derek

Eh, I'm board and decided to wipe up a list of favorite campfire recipes that my kids always liked (and so did we!):

Enjoy!!

1. S'mores Nachos: Top a layer of graham crackers with marshmallows and chocolate chips, then add another layer of graham crackers and top with more marshmallows and chocolate chips. Heat over the campfire until the marshmallows and chocolate chips melt.

2. Campfire Cones: Fill a waffle cone with your favorite ingredients such as mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, M&M's, peanut butter chips, and nuts. Wrap in tin foil and place over the campfire for about 10 minutes.

3. Campfire Pizza: Spread pizza sauce and shredded cheese over flatbread. Add your favorite toppings such as pepperoni, mushrooms, and peppers. Wrap in tin foil and place over the campfire for about 10 minutes.

4. Campfire Foil Packets: Create your own packets with whatever ingredients you like. Layer ingredients such as potatoes, onions, bell peppers, and sausage in a piece of foil. Add butter, salt, pepper, and your favorite seasonings. Wrap in foil and place over the campfire for about 10 minutes.

5. Campfire Bananas: Slice a banana lengthwise, but not all the way through. Stuff with chocolate chips, marshmallows, and nuts. Wrap in tin foil and place over the campfire for about 10 minutes.

nachos period is all I need. My wife makes a killer camp nachos, not sweet as the ones you have listed, but normal spicy ones, and they are very good

I'll get on this. My favorites are not exactly desserts, but oh oh so good!

1. Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
2. Campfire Roasted Whole Chicken
3. Campfire Chicken Fajitas
4. Dutch Oven Chicken and Dumplings
5. Grilled Chicken and Veggie Packets

Alright, I'll get on this:

1. Campfire Chili: This classic campfire recipe is a crowd-pleaser! All you need to make it is ground beef, chili beans, tomatoes, onions, chili powder and garlic. You can cook it in a Dutch oven over an open flame or by using a skillet over the campfire for about 20 minutes.

2. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: A favorite among campers of all ages, grilled cheese sandwiches are easy to make and totally customizable! Simply butter both sides of two slices of bread, fill with your favorite cheese(s) and then place them on a preheated skillet over the fire until the cheese melts.

3. S’mores: An absolute must-make for any camping trip! Take two graham crackers (one for the bottom and one for the top), layer with marshmallow and chocolate bar pieces in between and then heat over an open flame until everything is melted together – yum!