30mph winds in an RTT yesterday evening. I can assure you I did not sleep well.. | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

30mph winds in an RTT yesterday evening. I can assure you I did not sleep well..

Mike Brown

After my experience yesterday I have started thinking that it may be a good idea to add an backup sleeping setup inside my truck when the weather is too bad to justify sleeping in the tent.

I am thinking of using an inflatable matt to sleep over the folded seats because the rooftop tent was unbearable in high winds.

Any suggestions for other alternatives?

Yes, I do know your pain. The truck sleeping idea isn't bad but you will have to rearrange the gear you have packed every night which can be a pain. A small tent or swag can be much more quiet than a rooftop especially if you position it in a way that your truck acts as a wind brake.

However, if you want the cheapest and most quiet option go for sleeping in the truck.

It can be horrible. Having an 80 series I have plenty of space to sleep in the back which I have done many times in bad weather. I would also say this is the most viable option

Hey James, will the bungee cords work to kill all the noise? Never thought about trying that, great idea!