What is the farthest and longest time you have gone out camping/overlanding? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

What is the farthest and longest time you have gone out camping/overlanding?

Ward Powell

I'm bored out of my mind so stopping by here to say hello and make some small talk.

So...

What is the farthest you have traveled for overlanding/camping?

What is the longest you have stayed out overlanding/camping?

I'm pretty convinced that you can't really do proper "overlanding" in the United States, so I mostly call what we do Camping. The longest we have been out so far is 2 weeks and around 150 miles away. I get Sabbatical either this year or next, and hope to go much longer/further.

Great question. Yeah overlanding is a lose term these days. But I’m going to say we have headed up 395 and that was nearly 400 miles we have gone and out for nearly a two weeks last summer. Oh wait, summer of 2021 when Covid lockdowns were happening.

8 days and we kind of stick close by, only ~125 miles from home. Not as adventurous as many of you. I guess the benefit of where we live, there are lots of places close by!

10 days and not sure of the milage, several hundred at least. Zig zag through the eastern Mojave then zig zag up through death valley, coming out the top. Evidently there's a path that is dirt all the way to Reno.

You could actually start over in the bottom corner of Calif. Come up through Anza Borrego, cut across to Joshua Tree, angle across again past 29 palms. Edge towards the River into the Mojave, out through Death Valley and up into the Sierra.
That would be a long trip.