Tripod Torch | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Tripod Torch

Jeep4Life

While out at Overland West I saw an interesting propane campfire that was very different. The metal 'wick' went vertical vs horizontal like most propane fire pits. My question is if anyone has tried one of these and what did you think of it?

I had to look that one up. I can pretty much guarantee you a small breeze will put it out. When I build propane fire pits, the burner sits below the lip for this reason. It is an interesting concept and probably packs small. Its kinda like a short propane tiki torch.

I'd be more curious how stable is that thing from tipping over. The wind thing I think could be handled with plates going around it. But knocking over would be the larger concern for me.

I'm a bit torn with this one. I'd like to think the engineers thought about the wind and designed it to take a gust or two. The visual appeal is something unique I'll say that much about it. I tried finding some user reviews and can't say there is much out there. I'll wait this one out.

It might work if you have something protecting the fire. Look at swedish torches, these are very efficient