The Truth About The Milestar Patagonia MT | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

The Truth About The Milestar Patagonia MT

I had similar issues with cooper AT3. Soft sidewalls.
I fortunately only gashed one, but I didn't get 10k out of them before I ruined them.
That's also why we quit running Dick Cepek tires.

They all work great in soft dirt and sand at low pressure but, that's about all.

Its odd that they don't really say anything about their sidewall strength other than "3 Ply". The big name's mention some type of sidewall reinforcement.
I guess that makes them more of an Off road "looking" tire. Perfect for a mall crawler.

WOW, not good at all. But then again there are a number of moving parts to this. But those sidewalls need to be beefed up. 3 ply? Shouldn't that be 10 ply?

3 ply is typical. Its what they reinforce it with. Watching videos of people with those tires, showed a bit of sidewall flex. I cant really blame the tire if its being used where it wasn't designed.
My mud grapplers were 3 ply but the sidewalls were so stiff, I commonly ran them about 8psi with very little flex. Hard core rock crawling for years and never cut one.
I believe Goodyear mud tires were reinforced with Kevlar.
At some of the events BFG would come out and let us destroy prototype tires just so they could make them better.

As I mentioned above, I've bought tires that didn't work for what I did. I don't blame the tire.

But still, that isn't good. A tire should be able to do what these people are doing with these tires. Hard pass for me.