Springfield M1A Tanker just came in! | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Springfield M1A Tanker just came in!

Howling Offroad

What a work of art this rifle this is. I picked up the walnut finish. This is my first Springfield I've owned and first impressions, I like the fit and finish. If you read the reviews and notice people talking about the weight of this rifle, believe them, it's heavy. My father shot with a M1A as part of standard issues back in the day. I'm in Arizona so this weekend heading out to the desert to break this bugger in.

Owen that is correct, Tanker is the 16” barrel, the Scout is the 18” and then you have the standard which is 22”. The big selling thing about this rifle and something Howling Offroad will see first hand this weekend if you head out and test is the soft recoil is amazing. Well at least for the Scout it is. I don’t have the Tanker, but can assume it’s likely similar. I was actually thinking about going with the longer standard 22” version.

Nice firearm if you are looking for that classic military look and feel. Another one to look at that shares that .308 round and 18" barrel is the PTR 91. Although from my experience that M1a will be more accurate though.

Owen that is correct, Tanker is the 16” barrel, the Scout is the 18” and then you have the standard which is 22”. The big selling thing about this rifle and something Howling Offroad will see first hand this weekend if you head out and test is the soft recoil is amazing. Well at least for the Scout it is. I don’t have the Tanker, but can assume it’s likely similar. I was actually thinking about going with the longer standard 22” version.

You want the 18" or 22" for better accuracy though right? Can you mount a scope on these?

So true, recoil is butter smooth with this one

I'm more of a handgun, but know this rifle pretty well. Thats a big round you got there! It's funny my wife was just talking that I should get a rifle as some of the places we camp at have larger predatory animals. Her father was a big time hunter who had traveled all over the world back in the day.

Nice firearm if you are looking for that classic military look and feel. Another one to look at that shares that .308 round and 18" barrel is the PTR 91. Although from my experience that M1a will be more accurate though.
+1 agree