SNO Alpine vs Turtleback Expedition vs Patriot x1 | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

SNO Alpine vs Turtleback Expedition vs Patriot x1

George C Lone

Well I have been looking at buying a trailer for last 10 months. I had been on the fence with the Patriot X1 and Turtleback Expedition trailers, and then a few weeks ago Turtleback stopped taking orders. So it looked like the X1 was the best pick. At least if I buy new. But I was just on the Overland West page and noticed another trailer called SNO Alpine, which looks comparable to the Expedition trailer. And supposed to be USA company. Which is what I liked about Turtleback. Patriot is Australia. But I'm not finding much of reviews or anything on SNO, have any of you heard of this trailer?

Tough to say, normally I would have said the TB, but that's that. Pedigree? Patriot all the way. Only because I've not heard for the Apine one you mentioned.

I just hate the Patriot price, at least with Turtleback, you got more value for your money spent. Patriot, you spend more and don't seem to get as much for your $.

I have to say Patriot, only because they have been around for a while. Never heard of Sno brand and obviously TB is toast.

Researching SNO trailers. Their in So Cal. 23052 Alcalde Dr c, Laguna Hills, CA 92653.

I've never seen one in person but I have gone on trips with the other two in my group. I'm actually impressed with the sno design.
Comparing the sno to the patriot.
The sno is half the weight.
In my opinion, the sno suspension is way better. It appears they contracted with an off road desert truck company to design it.
The snow appears to have less options. In ten years when that option wears out, can you replace it?

Having been on a few trips with patriots in the group. Their fine if you have a large tow rig and are careful with soft ground. I do like the bed arrangement with the patriot. I'm not sure who makes their tent but odds are its custom. I don't know if the sleeping set up's are an option but neither of the ones I ran with have a standard RTT.

Based on what I see so far, if you want a "utility bed" trailer, I like the SNO as long as your good with an RTT.

We have a X1 and will say if you can blind eye the price when you first get it, you will quickly forget about the price you paid. They are so much fun.

Researching SNO trailers. Their in So Cal. 23052 Alcalde Dr c, Laguna Hills, CA 92653.

I've never seen one in person but I have gone on trips with the other two in my group. I'm actually impressed with the sno design.
Comparing the sno to the patriot.
The sno is half the weight.
In my opinion, the sno suspension is way better. It appears they contracted with an off road desert truck company to design it.
The snow appears to have less options. In ten years when that option wears out, can you replace it?

Having been on a few trips with patriots in the group. Their fine if you have a large tow rig and are careful with soft ground. I do like the bed arrangement with the patriot. I'm not sure who makes their tent but odds are its custom. I don't know if the sleeping set up's are an option but neither of the ones I ran with have a standard RTT.

Based on what I see so far, if you want a "utility bed" trailer, I like the SNO as long as your good with an RTT.

Clearly I don't have one. Does Patriot make their own tents too?

Clearly I don't have one. Does Patriot make their own tents too?
The ones I've seen makes me think their custom. I'll tell what, that setup rocks. The guys that I've camped with attach the sides to the awning which gives you a room with a large bed off to one side, raised up on the trailer. The kitchen area is on the other side making it two separate areas.

You gotta think about future possible issues and if the company will be around. Right now, Patriot is the safe bet.