Shipping an off-road trailer | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Shipping an off-road trailer

Setton

I'm flying out to check out an off-road trailer in Washington state on Friday. If I like the trailer, I'll need to figure out how to get it to Virginia. Any ideas what is the most economy way? I would prefer not to drive up and drive back with it. Way to many miles. Can you ship something like this? It's a 14' trailer with 35" wheels on it.

You might want to check with your insurance company incase the offer such a service. Moving companies might also be able to help

Thank you, I'm trying to find a courier, but the trucking companies I have spoken too, won't put on trailer if it doesn't have its own power, or ability to drive itself onto the trailer.

I'm flying out to check out an off-road trailer in Washington state on Friday. If I like the trailer, I'll need to figure out how to get it to Virginia. Any ideas what is the most economy way? I would prefer not to drive up and drive back with it. Way to many miles. Can you ship something like this? It's a 14' trailer with 35" wheels on it.
You might have figured this out already, I was in the same boat, considering a trailer across the country (way way across in my case). A friend mentioned the website www.uship.com

I am pretty much decided to back out of my purchase but I did a rough estimate on the website and it would have been approx $2200 or less as opposed to the dealer I was purchasing from charging me $2.50/mile (that includes the there and back for the driver) - in short half the price. Actually there is a current bid on there for moving a 21’ Airstream from Arizona to New Jersey and the bidding started at $4800 and it is now down to $2200 I think..

Might be worth looking into.

D