Rough Country 6" lift kit a good lift kit? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Rough Country 6" lift kit a good lift kit?

I can tell you how they use to be. I haven't known anyone who purchased their product in the last five odd years.
They always made a good street kit. As long as you don't beat on it, its ok. That pretty much eliminates my whole group.

When you lift that much, you drastically change the suspension arm angles. This moves the wheels inward and throws the geometry out.

Here's how they fix it.
"This kit also includes a set of control arm drop brackets to keep your factory arms at the optimum angle after lifting"

Their using "brackets" to space down your suspension. In my opinion, its ok as long as your not too hard on it. Its basically a street kit.

A couple of things they don't mention are what they did about correcting the pan hard rod angle's and length. If these are not angled correctly, the vehicle gets real squirrely on the freeway. Especially over 70 mph.
Angle is important but you also dragged the diff's to one side. Mow the rear is dog tracking. On the TJ's a 4 inch lift pushed the rear 1-2 inch to the passenger side and the front the same to the driver side.

Ideally you want longer arms and something to correct the pan hard angles. The pan hard rods are the highest priority though.

Yeah, same here. Back in the day I knew peeps that had their suspension kits on their rigs, but not in some time. Till reading your post, almost but all forgot about this brand.