Planar portable diesel air heater | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Planar portable diesel air heater

LOL just stay away from anything less than $300 bucks. Actually to get a good unit, you'll likely be upwards of $1000 to $1300 bucks. Neighbor bought Chinese garbage last winter season and it worked one night then died. Fortunately, it was only $160 bucks, and he bought from Amazon, so they refunded him, but one time use and so many problems. No thank you.

If you are handy in the garage with your tools, IMHO, a good kit is very easy to put together. About 1-3 hours worth of work depending on where you are mounting. AND how clear the instructions are from the manufacture. I don't know this company, but just visited their site and these look pretty well laid out. LOL I could be wrong, but first look, looks pretty good.

My husband is looking at a heater for this upcoming winter season. Not sure which brands or models he is looking at. All I know is that we don't want propane because of all the moisture created. He was saying these sort of heaters create dry heat.

My husband is looking at a heater for this upcoming winter season. Not sure which brands or models he is looking at. All I know is that we don't want propane because of all the moisture created. He was saying these sort of heaters create dry heat.

If I can give you some advice, whichever direction you go, don't go cheap. There are some products you just don't want to go cheap, and this is one of them.

If you are handy in the garage with your tools, IMHO, a good kit is very easy to put together. About 1-3 hours worth of work depending on where you are mounting. AND how clear the instructions are from the manufacture. I don't know this company, but just visited their site and these look pretty well laid out. LOL I could be wrong, but first look, looks pretty good.

Agree, these things are very straightforward to install with basic tools.

I just bought a Espar Airtronic S2 and I have to say, this kit looks awesome. Kit came complete, minus the tank I need. Which I just ordered. I'll install this week!

So I was just reading up on these things, you can run these on diesel or kerosene? How is that? Aren't these completely different fuels?