Morrflate tensix air compressor mounting question | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Morrflate tensix air compressor mounting question

Sergey Offroad

I read an article from this site on this compressor and I'm curious can this be mounted in a fixed position permanently? It's hard to tell from the photos and video I watched on this if the base would permit that sort of install?

I believe the only way you can't mount it is sideways. You'll be good, just do so in an area that has a little room around it.

If you mount this in a permanent position, how do you plan on powering it? Will you need to cut the lines because it has alligator clips? Or will you open it up and run a full new set of wires into it to power it? I had to Google this one and just saw a video this channel did on it. Seems like a super fast air compressor, but I don't see how you would be able to mount it without having to do something with the wiring.

Looking at the pictures, it's bolted to a plate. I would either pull the plate and use the existing feet with some insulators or drill and mount the plate itself. As was stated above, I would add in at least an 8 gauge feed to it.
If you plan on hiding it behind a panel, make sure it has enough room around it. Those cylinder heads will put out a ton of heat. That goes for stacking gear around it in your cargo area also.
The ARB and most of the ViAir's are designed to be mounted. I have my viair behind a trim panel out of the way.

I was just looking at this thing, they just came out with a Pro model. Anyone happen to know what's so special about it vs the other one?

More to it than that, it will cut off at a set PSI so you don't need to watch it like a hawk