Lift/cherry picker to pick Gladiator roof on and off? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Lift/cherry picker to pick Gladiator roof on and off?

Grady

I've heard people using lifts to lift up their Gladiator hard top off their trucks. But how is this possible? is there a lift that works better than others?

I've seen pully's set up in garage rafters to lift hard tops and camper shells. My one buddy would lift his shell and set it on end on top of a couple of furniture dollies. Push it in the corner and called it good.

+1 how tall are your ceilings in your garage? Having some sort of hoist set up in your garage to lift the top up and over your truck. Or I guess you can back your truck in and out after you have lifted the top off. Otherwise you will need a super tall ceiling in order to clear the top of your truck.

Yeah that’s the problem, I have just a 9’ roof in my garage. it would be tight, however I might have the room if I can raise my ceiling 12”. You gave me an idea, this weekend going to remove the drywall in the ceiling to see what the frames look like. Might just modify some in the section where my truck is normally parked.