Legit bolt on power for 2019 Jeep Wrangler? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Legit bolt on power for 2019 Jeep Wrangler?

Superchargers. FTW

Edelbrock

Magnuson

I've set up the Magnuson on a few vehicles (not Jeep). Both companies normally design their kits to be almost bolt on, plug and play
The good is more power and better resale. The bad is may not be legal in some states and your motor has a shorted life span.

This is also beside the "you may not have a driveline warranty anymore" part. Depending on the tire/suspension/extra weight from bolt-on's, its possible you don't have a driveline warranty any more anyway.

Computer tunes will normally only get you better shifting and possibly better throttle response. Maybe a little on the power. This is depending on what vehicle and who wrote the tune. Most modern engines have almost all the power wrung out of them as it is.

Thank you! What about exhaust or headers? Will either make much more power in these non V8 smaller motors?

Sometimes.
Most of your modern cars have a decent flowing exhaust. Years ago everything was restricted so, a new exhaust helped.
Putting it simply, Your exhaust is tuned to your power band. By changing it you could cause it to no longer be tuned.
If add on a supercharger or turbo, you would ask that manufacture if a diffrent exhaust will help.
If your motor is stock and you changed the cam profile significantly, now you tune the exhaust to your new power band.

Mostly new exhaust just changes the sound. If I kept some of the Dyno graphs from work, I could show you how the torque curve was screwed up after we swapped to a freer flowing exhaust, yet the vehicle "felt" like it had more power.

Exhaust if you are lucky might add 5-8hp, which in the big picture isn't going to make much of a difference.