KC FLEX ERA 1 - 2-Light Master Kit | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

KC FLEX ERA 1 - 2-Light Master Kit

Grady

I have a older set of Flex lights and the amber light was never that bright, anyone know if the amber lights in these are brighter?

Have you looked at the amber diode dynamics pod lights? Their SS3 pro and max throw some serious lux out with one of the best patterns out there. I run ridged lights. I saw a very comprehensive test done between the SS3 and the comparable ridged. I can say I was so impressed that my Tacoma is going to run the SS3 pro for its fogs now. I would be interested in seeing a comparison between the KC's and the SS3

Another thing you need to know, most yellow lens covers take away from the output. A few I looked at can remove as much as 50% of the Lux (usable light). This is why I'm doing the research before I buy something. This most likely why your other set up lights didn't meet your expectations.

Last edited:
This is one of the comparisons I read. The guy that does these is real good at it. If you can find one where he tests the KC lights, that will be your answer. The link should go to post 2721. Read that. He does another set of tests near the end of the thread.

Diode Dynamic SS3