Just bought a pressure washer to clean muddy Jeep - what pressure to use?? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Just bought a pressure washer to clean muddy Jeep - what pressure to use??

RoarinDave

I'm tired of trying to get all the caked on mud off my truck after long weekends. So my pressure washer arrives tomorrow. Our trucks, are they OK to have pressure washer used on underside? Is there such thing as too much pressure? Meaning can I damage anything with to much pressure while cleaning?

I really need to buy one. I've spent more then that at the dollar spray wash place.

I pressure wash my engine and driveline regularly. Don't put the nozzle right on connectors, spraying them clean is ok. If your washing the outside, it will push through weather strips. It will eventually remove the paint from your axles, powder coat is fine. I spray my hood insulator from about eight inch away.
My Cruiser still has a distributer. If I spray that, I have to pull the cap and dry it. My Tacoma doesn't care.

One of the best ways I found to remove mud from undercarriage is, park on dirt or grass and place one of those "spinning" sprinklers under it. I leave it on over night then move it to the other half in the morning.

Thats a good idea with the sprinkler, will that work with clay? I go to one of those public car washes with the high pressure supersoaker sprayer

It has so far for me. I don't have much clay here but the little I do hasn't been an issue yet.

The local car wash to me has people that will come out if you show up with muddy truck and charge you extra if truck is muddy. To many of us heading there after our weekend adventures!

Pressure washer is great tool to have, I have an electric one and it works great for those muddy trail days!