Jeep Gladiator rescued with family of 3 in flood waters | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Jeep Gladiator rescued with family of 3 in flood waters

Thankfully everyone is OK, but how in the world did this happen. Is it me or does that stream not look at deep? Clearly right now, that motor has ingested water. But to get to that point is a driver error.

BUT....its a 4wd and its a Jeep!
Gawd, the dumb things I've seen over the years because of that mind set is just amazing.

How about a brand new wrangler with paper plate's. He decided a motorcycle jump would be fun. About the third time he literally tore the engine off the mounts and bent the front axle. He was so mad that the "Jeep" couldn't handle that. He was towing it back to the dealership for a refund.

That's just one of many things I've seen. Stuck in moving water isn't a surprise at all.

If you look at the whole picture you can see all they had to do was pull him backwards a few feet. No need for a "dangerous fast water rescue". The guys calmly standing at the rear of the truck tells it all. I guess they needed practice?
OH and his hoods under water. probably swamped the engine.

I was thinking the same thing. Look at the people in the back just casually standing in the water. Doesn't look ALL THAT dangerous.

Am I missing something here? That water is moving fast, but nothing that couldn't have been walked through if you were careful.

Not missing anything. He probably got water in the motor then panicked. This was most likely his first and last "off-road" excursion.

OMG...I just realized this was up the street from where I live. Yep, doesn't surprise me. This area is where all the "locals" go to drive off road. Its just dirt roads designed to access the power lines. Up the highway is the next spot where all the "idiots" go. That dirt road is where you really get to see how well your "off road" vehicle works. Well you and a few hundred other people on a narrow dirt road.