I have idea for regulating and preserving nature | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

I have idea for regulating and preserving nature

Frank Vos

Permit system! We just got back from camping Thursday through yesterday and the spot was covered in trash. I'm tried of seeing this and as much as it pains me to say this, we need a permit system. If you want to camp or explore into nature, you need to have a permit, man even with a satellite beacon that tracks where you go. That way when a place is run over with trash or vandalised, there is record of who was there.

Will not start a rant
Will not start a rant
Will not start a rant.....

Ok just this.
Gawd, I feel your pain. Roll up into a camp spot just after someone vacated it and not only is there trash everywhere but a ton of amazon box's scattered around. New "Overlanders" outfitting themselves for a trip.
You have no idea how glad I am that the fad is slowly ending.

10000000% feel your frustration! The spot we were at last weekend had toilet paper all over the place, fire pit was full of trash. I guess I should be happy the picked up their trash (not including toilet paper disposal), but the @#$#%% just put the trash in the firepit! Meaning if we wanted to use the firepit, we had to dispose of their trash! We did and took their trash home and properly disposed of it. Some people are complete aholes.

The reason that won't work is that most spots are first come first serve right? That would mean an entire booking infrastructure would be needed for all those camping spots. Then what do you do when someone doesn't show up? How would they know? So many loose ends unfortunately.