How often are you rotating your tires? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How often are you rotating your tires?

4x4 Badger

Real word timing, what does that typically translate for you? Every 5k, 10k?? To be honest, I'm so bad at this and going to set some hard lines this year.

Actually do any of you just rotate based on set time, for example every 6 months?

Go to your right front tire. Run your hand front to back near the outer edge. If you feel chopping, its time to rotate.
The chop comes from turning and the time frame is based on tire compound and how much you turn.

The "book" says every oil change. That pretty much covers everyone except, other than stock tires, modded suspension, more mountain driving.......

We rotate to keep the tread wear even. The right front tire wears the fastest. When you put them on the rear, it flattens the tread out, the front chops it. This is assuming your alignment is good.
I've run tires that were very soft and aggressive. The front chopped faster then the rear could correct it. The alignment was perfect.

Yeah that's what I do, every oil change I just have them rotate my tires. Be done with it in one go.

I'm the same way, when I change oil which usually happens around every 6000 miles, I'll rotate the tires.