How long do your tires last? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How long do your tires last?

TRDTom

Most people say that off road tires will last somewhere between 40k-60k miles but for a set that is used off road regularly I find it hard to believe. I have me mud terrains for about 1.5 months and during that time have done about 1000 miles. Chunks are already falling off the knobs and the tread is showing signs of off road use with small pieces of rubber missing.

It is pretty dry where I live so we do get the odd Wheelspin but this seems a bit excessive to me. I don't think these will last more than a year 😬

That's off roading for you mate. A few years ago when I had more time in my hands I would go out 2-3 times a week, I remember tires would get absolutely hammered! Especially during dry season where you spin around on rocks etc

As mentioned above regularly using a tire on tough trails will lead to excessive wear quick not much we can do!

I change them every 20-25k miles just to have fresh rubber at all times as I love the tougher trails. I sell the old ones as they usually still have some life left in them