How difficult is it to install an air locker? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How difficult is it to install an air locker?

Crawler80

Anyone know what the processes of installing an air locker is? Is it something that can be done at home or am I better off taking it to a mechanic?

I do have experience with the tools but mostly around basic jobs. This one seems a bit complicated

It is a pretty involving job and you do need some good tools as you will need to drill the axle to get the actuator off the locker in there. If you do not have the tools I would take it to a mechanic.

You will also need to wire up all the electrical stuff for the compressor etc.

I wouldn't tackle it myself unless you have a friend who know what they are doing with the proper tools to come around and help you with the installation. You do not want to mess this up as you will be messing around with some pretty expensive components

It is a bit difficult. If you where to do it yourself I would suggest buying the correct tools first and doing everything step by step and very slowly.

This will make the job easier and there is less of a chance of doing anything wrong

Keep in mind that you will also need to wire up the compressor. So, you will also need to do some electrical work