How can you tell if you have a bad alignment? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

How can you tell if you have a bad alignment?

Kevin and Sara

We had an alignment done a few weeks ago after a new set of tires. But something just doesn't feel right. Is there a way to tell if you have a bad alignment?

1. Do you wander all over the road. Tires can also cause this.

2. Does the vehicle track straight. Do you have to keep the wheel turned to one side to go straight. Roads are built to move rain water to the right (road crown). The vehicle drifting to the right slightly is normal. Highways have less tilt then roads. Higher speed highway is the better place to test this.

3. Tire wear. Look up tire wear patterns. Unfortunately, it takes a while to see this.

Have you crashed the vehicle? Even hitting a curb moderately can bend things. Some alignment shops will "compensate" for bent parts. They think their saving you money but their not.

As I mentioned on number one, diffrent brands of tires can tack differently. If you can post the before and after alignment sheet, I can analyze it and comment.

If you truck pulls to the left or right, you have some alignment issues that you'll want to get addressed before the compound.

My old 2017 Jeep had horrible alignment from the factory. That truck was a mess, bad alignment, electrical issues and passenger front door never closed correctly.