Death Valley all opened up from last years rain? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Death Valley all opened up from last years rain?

Carbon Dude

I don't suppose any of you know if the closures in Death Valley from last year are still closed, or have things reopened out there?

Here it is so far
Road conditions

Note that road closures listed below apply to ALL motorized vehicles, including motorcycles. Thank you for your patience as we work to reopen these locations. Bicycles and foot traffic are permitted (except for Bonnie Clare Road). Bicycle use is prohibited in Titus Canyon for safety reasons.

• Father Crowley/Rainbow Canyon Vista Point- within active construction zone along CA Hwy 190.
  • Beatty Cutoff Road- contractors will make permanent repairs fixes. Estimated reopening sometime after February or March 2024. (No access to: Keane Wonder Mine)
  • North Highway - this may open by late December. (No access to: Fall Canyon Trail, Old Stovepipe Wells, Lower Titus Canyon, Ubehebe Crater, Racetrack Road)
  • Wildrose Road / Emigrant Canyon Road- this will open sometime after April 2024. Work will be done by a permanent repairs contract. (No access to: Wildrose Charcoal Kilns, Wildrose Peak Trail, Telescope Peak Trail)
  • Bonnie Clare Road and Scotty’s Castle due to flood recovery work . Unlikely to open before late 2025. No access permitted. No foot, bicycle, motorcycle, vehicle, etc. use allowed.
Quite often the back roads still work. I plan on going out there for for a few days in the late winter. I'll compare my route to the closures. Odds are my route wont change. Titus Canyon is going to take a while. I heard part of that has to be recut. Other then that and wild rose, I think I'll be good.