Crappy situation to be in a ground tent | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Crappy situation to be in a ground tent

Randy

I'm wondering what could have prevented this tent from needing so much intervention from the dude. More tie downs?

Thank you for the video. I found it entertaining.

Gawd I hope this isn't the new generation of back packers. The shot where he pitched his tent on a slope was laughable and did he really need all those led lights inside the tent?
People have asked here about three season and four season tents. That is defiantly not a four season. The noise would have kept me up all night but, mine would not have have rustled that bad. Too me a proper four season will have a vestibule in front where you can do your cooking. His is probably a cheaper one off Amazon.

I really like the title Winter Camp "Three days Alone" I've done many week plus trips in all weather except deep snow. The most snow I did was maybe a little more than what was shown there. My longest trip being 20 days ..."Alone"
I've had high winds, rain, complete white out of hail, light snow and been within 50 yards of three lightning strikes above the tree line.

For a winter camp he didn't look well prepared. In one spot he said he probably should have brought his ice spikes. Uhh NO! That comment tells me he has no experience. The ground was too rocky and the snow he trekked in was too soft. What he needed was better boots and legs.

To me this is another inexperienced U-Tuber trying to impress people with his lack of knowledge.

OK, I’m always up for an adventure, but that was nuts. I’ll stick to the out of the wind locations for me!