Conqueror Trailer 490 personal experience and set up time? | 4WDTalk - Overlanding and offroad Forum
Optimized-contourmapping

Conqueror Trailer 490 personal experience and set up time?

Ryan Frost Outdoors

Howdy peeps. My wife and I have been narrowing down our search on a couple trailers and while one is a Patriot and has plenty of reviews from users. The other one is a Conqueror Trailer 490, which when we Google we just find articles published by this website. Not a lot of personal user reviews. Don't get me wrong, the articles from this site are great, after all they are how we found out about this trailer. We did find a YouTube video from someone here in the states, but they were selling the trailer and didn't give much description on why.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this trailer, and does anyone have insight on set up time in real world? Please share. Thank you.

Ryan

Just Googled them, so are these made in USA or Australia? It looks like something made in Australia. Which isn't a bad thing, it's just likes it ready to take on the Outback!

It's a beast IMHO, this reminds me of something you would see in Africa or Australia. We don't have one, but I've seen and it looks like legit trailer.

Probably a little late to be much help now, but I just joined the group. We have a 2014 490 and setup time depends on how set up you want to be. For stopping overnight, you don't have to set up anything, just stop driving and climb inside. For setting up a base camp, it takes about 5 minutes to get unhooked, leveled, and stabilized. You don't have to unhook the trailer to set it up either, you can set it up fully with it still hooked to your tow vehicle. For the basic setup, I would say 15-20 minutes. This is the 5 minutes already mentioned, plus setting up the front bed and awnings on both the kitchen side and bathroom side of the trailer (without the awning walls). Walls can be added at your leisure, but probably another 15-20 minutes to add walls to both sides. That's it for trailer setup. Anything else is just unpacking and setting up your personal gear (chairs, firepit, portapotty, etc.).

Hi Tom, what are you towing that trailer with? I just Googled this and dang, that is one battle ready looking trailer!

I have a 2011 Ram 2500 Diesel 4X4. It tows the trailer very nicely and is the same width as the trailer (except for the stupid towing mirrors). The trailer tires also run in the truck's tire marks as well.